Baroona Youth Healing Centre Manager (Aboriginal Identified)
- Base/Location:Baroona Healing Centre, Murray Valley Highway Echuca
- Reports To:CEO
- Hours:37.5 hours per week (full time)
- Salary:Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Services Award 2010
- Award:Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Services Award 2010
- Position Scope:
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations and coordination of staff, participants and activities within Baroona Youth Treatment Centre.
• Professional Integrity
We treat all our people with dignity and respect
We always strive to do our best and improve the way we do things.
We commit to the actions we take to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
• Client Focus
We work toward improving the health and wellbeing of our clients and community.
• To oversee all day to day running of Baroona Youth Healing Centre.
• To liaise with a range of services, programs and agencies on behalf of participants and Baroona Youth Healing Centre.
• To manage and supervise all Baroona Youth Healing Centre staff effectively and efficiently, through the provision of clear work plans,
and weekly staff meetings.
• To coordinate all Baroona Youth Healing Centre admissions and exits including the completion of all relevant documentation e.g. Exit Form,
liaison with CJP, Police and Intake Assessment Team.
• To coordinate regular meetings with both the Intake Assessment Team and Baroona Youth Healing Centre Reference Group/
• To oversee and participate in the development of Care Plans, within 24 hours of a young person’s admission to Baroona Youth Healing Centre.
• To manage Baroona Youth Healing Centre budget in conjunction with the CEO.
• To develop and distribute Staff Rosters on a weekly basis.
• To arrange and monitor all Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services to be provided to young people involved in the
• To arrange, monitor and review all education, employment and training programs being provided for young people during their
• To arrange, monitor and review all cultural, spiritual and traditional activities being provided for young people during their Healing Journey.
• To arrange, monitor and review all healing programs and services being provided within the Healing Journey e.g. naturopathy, medical
and other contemporary and alternative therapies.
• To arrange, monitor support and review all staff training opportunities.
• To provide monthly written reports to the Family Service Manager, on all Baroona Youth Healing Centre activities, and including statistical data.
e.g. number of participants.
• To work cooperatively with staff of the Corporation.
• To participate as a team member of the Corporation including attending general staff meetings.
• To assist with Policy development as required.
• To assist with the ongoing development of Baroona Youth Healing Centre e.g. submission writing, horticultural development.
• To support and participate in Baroona Youth Healing Centre evaluation and review processes.
• To coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of the area designated as Baroona Youth Healing Centre grounds.
• Other duties as directed by the CEO.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Qualifications in management or equivalent.
• Qualifications in relevant human services field/s will be highly regarded (such as Education, Social Work, Welfare)
• Management experience and ability to coordinate staff including rosters and programming.
• Experience in delivering programs and services (including drug and alcohol, cultural, educational and recreational programs).
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multifunctional, energetic and dynamic environment.
• Ability to work in a complex, crisis driven, high pressured environment.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture, social and economic issues, and local family networks.
• Experience in budgeting and financial control.
• Ability to provide written reports and statistical data reporting.
• Knowledge of local Aboriginal and mainstream services.
• Ability to implement policies and procedures relating to Baroona.
• Ability to plan, develop, and case manage meaningful and achievable care plans in conjunction with, and on behalf of, participants.
• A strong commitment to staff development and training.
• Demonstrated capacity to provide strong leadership.
• Ability to advocate, mediate and undertake dispute resolution.
• Ability to plan and prioritise demanding workload.
• Understanding of traditional and contemporary healing strategies and services, including natural therapies.
PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
• First Aid Certificate
• Strong computer skills with the ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and
• Reporting systems
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
• Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Police Check.
• Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices required.
• All applicants must have a current Victorian WWCC and driver’s license.
• You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section
82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury means that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria and include a recent resume to be eligible for an interview
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Kristie Hearn
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
86 Hare Street,
Echuca Vic 3564
(PO Box 201)
Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close at 4.00pm, Monday 24th June, 2019
Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed or hand delivered