|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer:
- Oversee and facilitate the implementation of the new MYOB Advanced System.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of systems to ensure timely and efficient management of Njernda’s assets, such as vehicles (fleet management), phones, computers, and other items, in line with Njernda’s policies and relevant legislation.
- Assist with funding and grant acquittals.
- Assist in BAS, PAYG and Work Cover payments.
- Handling entire account receivable’s function, bank entries, program allocation, coordinating with relevant departments and reconciliation.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected on time and keep the managers informed of overdue outstanding.
- Handling insurance matters including Motor insurance, public liability, professional and indemnity.
- Co- ordinating vehicle accidents and insurance claims. Carry out monthly analysis relating to vehicle expenses & keep managers informed on unusually high expenditure.
- Assist in reconciling accounts and undertake cross-checking of financial transactions and reports to ensure high levels of accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of management accounts and reports and others as directed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of finance related policies, procedures, and forms.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Manager
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must possess:
- Understanding and commitment to Aboriginal Community Controlled Organization principles
- An ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and handle issues in a sensitive manner with often difficult clients
- Demonstrated experience using accounting packages. MYOB experience highly desirable.
- Well-developed computer skills including familiarity with financial management software to include accurate data entry
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a multi-skilled team
- Demonstrated experience in other finance functions such as credit card reconciliation, accounts payable, staff expense claims
- Personal integrity and respect for confidential information
Qualifications and experience
- Financial or accounting qualifications Certificate 4 in Accounting or a degree in finance/accounting and minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
Commitment to Safety
Njernda is a child safe organisation and abides by the following commitment
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Other relevant information
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety
principles and practices are required
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Corporate Services Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close: 5pm FRIDAY November 25, 2022
- Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
- Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 25th Nov 2022