Lead the overall strategic direction and management of the Njernda Aboriginal Corporation to ensure the achievement of the established strategic goals.
Located in Echuca on the beautiful Murray River in Northern Victoria, Njernda Aboriginal Corporation Health Service (Njernda) aims to deliver community controlled, holistic services and programs which improve the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual wellbeing of the Aboriginal Community of Echuca and surrounding areas.
Reporting initially to the Special Administrators and then the Board of Directors, this executive role will focus on the overall strategic direction and management of the organisation to ensure the achievement of the established strategic goals.
Your key objectives include:
• ensuring that the organisation is a leader in delivering efficient and effective business operations, risk management and financial performance;
• ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and funding requirements;
• establishment of core organisational values in conjunction with the Board of Directors and ensuring these values are reflected in all aspects of the organisation and communicated to all stakeholders;
• creating, implementing and maintaining high quality and service performance standards and developing systems to build key relationships and improve operational efficiency;
• overseeing all functions within the organisation and providing direction and guidance to the organisation as a whole;
• ensuring and contributing to the operational and strategic decision-making process and providing authoritative advice to the Special Administrators/Board of Directors in relation to operational matters and performance;
• Identifying, developing, and implementing new initiatives or continuous improvement activities across the organisation; and
• undertaking duties relevant to the Aboriginal Children in Aboriginal Care program, as per Section 18 of the Children, Youth and Families Act (2005).
**This is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under ‘special measures’ of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
You will be in an executive level role with extensive experience in management at a senior leadership level, preferably with an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation. You will need demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health issues impacting upon the health status of Aboriginal communities as well as:
• Post Graduate Tertiary qualification in Business, Commerce, Management, Finance, Health or similar discipline
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and achievement of strategic objectives
• Demonstrated experience in ensuring an effective management system, policy and procedure framework and financial system for an organisation
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team at a senior level
• Exceptional communication skills to work effectively and positively with a wide variety of external stakeholders, community members and internal staff
• High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Experience in children’s services, particularly related to out of home care or the Aboriginal Children in Aboriginal Care program would be highly regarded, but not essential provided you can demonstrate an understanding of this process
• Current valid Driver’s license, minimum of Class “c” or equivalent
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check clearance and Working with Children Check . Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
• $200,000-$210,000 salary range plus super
• Company vehicle with private use
• Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay.
Download the Njernda CEO Candidate Application Package here
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos, Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554.
The closing date for this role is 9.00am on Monday, 7 February 2022.
All applications close: 7th Feb 2022