|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
Financial Services Team
- Manage the accounting and financial services function, including but not limited to payroll, accounts, leasing, asset management, acquittals for funding, financial reports, budgeting, and forecasting, Ensure that a high calibre of professional services is provided to support the corporation achieve its strategic plan and regulatory requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and additional expertise required to ensure the company is able to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position as directed by the CEO.
- Superior quality professional services are provided to the organisation in a timely and accurate manner
- Feedback from the SMT on services provided
Leadership and People Management
- Working in consultation with the senior management team (SMT) to build capability and ensure effective financial management across the organisation.
- Ensure that Financial Services staff are complying with relevant WH&S legislation and that any issues are identified and resolved appropriately.
- Manage a team of up to six (6)
- Actively contribute to the senior management team and provide information and reporting as required.
- Actively manage and support relationships with funding bodies
- HR metrics data, such as retention, unexplained absences are within KPI limits.
- Performance plans and learning and development plans are in place for all team members.
- Effectiveness of financial processes and quality of service
Budgetary and Financial Management
- In consultation with the CEO and SMT prepare and execute the annual organisational and departmental budgets to ensure achievement of strategic objectives whilst maintaining effective cost controls.
- Manage the operational budget for the Corporate and Operational Services to ensure expenditure is controlled and monitored.
- Manage the organisation’s financial performance and support the Chief Executive Officer and managers in financial decision making ensuring financial targets are implemented and meet.
- Manage the monthly and annual financial and management accounting processes to ensure the accurate and timely reporting of the company’s financial position.
- Monitor financial delegations and financial approvals to ensure that approval limits are exercised appropriately.
- Seek and apply for relevant funding opportunities.
- Achievement of budget requirements
Strategic Plan and Direction
- Collaborate with the CEO and SMT to develop and implement the Njernda’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop and implement Finance Strategic Plans to ensure the achievement of the organisation’s strategic direction and goals.
- Quality of Strategic Plans
- Achievement of Strategic Objectives
- Comply with all relevant legislation and regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational policies and procedure and legislative requirements.
- Ensure client and community confidentiality is maintained.
Reports and Statistics
- Provide management, statistical and other reports to meet organisational, stakeholder and statutory requirements including analysis, reporting of results and supporting recommendations.
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness for the submission of funding acquittals and reporting
- Accuracy and timeliness of qualitative reports
- Accuracy and timeliness of statistical reports
Systems, Policy, and Procedure Development
- Develop Business Services policies and procedures to ensure that the functions are demonstrating consistent practices nationally and is in line with strategic objectives.
- Comply with and promote EEO across the organisation.
- Development of systems to provide consistent and high standards of compliance with policies and best practice
-Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
-Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team to provide a full accounting service including payroll, accounts payable, acquittals and financial reporting
-Ensure the sound financial performance of the organisation by supporting each business unit with financial budgets, robust management accounting and reporting and capability development. Oversees day to accounting and payroll.
-Ensure the organisation’s taxation and legal obligations are met in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements and ensure that the organisation meets financial and auditing standards
-Provide assistance and advice to the CEO and Executive in relation to capital and operational expenditure across the organisation and on long term business and financial planning
-Monitor and ensure continuous improvement in the financial management of funds in each of the program areas of the organisation including the improvement of processes, systems, and skills and knowledge
-Establish relationships with managers and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate governance according to funding agreements
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must possess:
-Extensive experience in managing a medium to large multi-faceted finance or accounting environment.
-Knowledge of relevant legislation and other statutory requirements.
-Sound experience in applying for and managing government funding
-Demonstrated ability to engage & work effectively with Aboriginal people and communities.
-Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
-High level interpersonal and written communication skills.
-Analysis and problem-solving skills.
-Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety, preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification in Commerce, Chartered Accountant, or related discipline
Other Relevant Information
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety
- principles and practices is required
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Corporate Services Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close: Friday 10th June 2022
- Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
- Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 10th Jun 2022