The Berrimba Childcare Centre Cleaner is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the centre in compliance with the cleaning schedule set out by the Early Years Manager.
Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
To ensure the general cleanliness of the Berrimba Childcare Centre which includes but is not limited to:
➢ Vacuuming and mopping of floors
➢ Emptying rubbish bins & wiping over
➢ Refilling soap and paper towel dispensers
➢ Cleaning & disinfecting staff and children’s bathrooms
➢ Emptying rubbish bins
➢ Wiping over gate, doors and door handles
➢ Cleaning front entrance glass door, and all other glass & mirror surfaces
➢ Wipe over and disinfect benches, doors knobs, taps, sinks
➢ Dust skirting boards, window sills, fans as required
➢ Cobweb and mildew control
➢ Cleaning according to COVID protocols as required
➢ Other appropriate cleaning duties as directed by the Assistant Coordinator
➢ Organising and keeping clean and tidy the cleaner’s storage cupboards
➢ Support sustainable initiatives within the Centre
➢ Activating and disarming security systems as required
➢ Reporting security, safety and damage concerns to the Assistant Coordinator
➢ To be fully aware of infection control policies and procedures
➢ Liaise with the Assistant Coordinator on the ordering of cleaning materials and equipment
➢ To act at all times in a professional manner in accordance with the policies and practices of the Njernda Aboriginal Corporation.
➢ Undertake other duties that are incidental and peripheral to the main tasks, provided that such duties are reasonable within the employee’s competence and training.
➢ All cleaning products to be stored in laundry cupboard – if placed in alternative bottles to be clearly labelled and placed back in laundry after use.
➢ Separate mop and bucket to be clearly labelled and used for separate areas (bathrooms, kitchen, general areas)
➢ Rugs in each room, couch and fabric chairs to be professionally steam cleaned at the end of each term.
Applicants must possess:
• An understanding and commitment to Aboriginal culture.
• An understanding of the basic safety requirements of cleaning materials.
• Experience as a cleaner in a commercial environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Other Relevant Information
• The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
• Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
• You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential” to:
Corporate Services Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close: 16th September 2022
➢ Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
➢ Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 16th Sep 2022