This is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified Position
|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
- Ensure cultural mentoring is inclusive of all Wollithiga and Yorta Yorta Nations background and history that includes a collaborative approach that meets Njernda’s values and vision.
- Lead the development and implementation of cultural mentoring that may be inclusive of peoples from outside Yorta Yorta Nations boundaries, ensuring cultural LORES are adhered to.
- Actively promote Njernda and its services in the community.
- Actively collaborate with Njernda’s communication sources to effectively promote events on social media forums in an effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Youth Team which includes team leaders, managers and Executive Director to ensure that programs delivered are compliant with OHS.
- Provide a liaison service to Njernda community regarding service availability or potential clients inquiring about services.
- Lead and coordinate the team approach in ensuring Baroona Day Program and the Youth Healing Centre meet the needs of funding compliance within a cultural context.
- Maintain and participate in the development of resource information that supports clients and addresses Njernda’s services in a culturally appropriate way and ensure our messaging has the appropriate cultural lens where practical.
- Ensure confidentiality of Njernda clients are always held.
- Contribute and support the organisations systems and processes for managing safety, quality and risk.
- To review and provide an evaluation report that ensures Baroona Day Program is fully operational and risk adverse.
- To maintain Baroona Day Program to a capacity that ensures community engagement is at its fullest potential.
- Provide expert advice and support where necessary that relates to Baroona Day Program and Youth Healing Centre.
- Be a key representative for Njernda in the following areas of Youth and Justice that include but not limited to:
Key Selection Criteria
- Current unrestricted Victorian Driver’s license, National Police and Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated experience in community development and/or a postgraduate qualification in social work, or public health is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge, interest and commitment to the health and wellbeing of the local Aboriginal community.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering promotional material to external and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working within a community-based health and wellbeing setting and with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of clients.
Qualifications & Experience
Other Relevant Information
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: HR Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close: November 17, 2023
Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 17th Nov 2023