This is an “Indigenous Only” role under Special Measures of the EEO Act 2010, Section 12.
|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
- Ensure HACC services are provided to Aboriginal clients in compliance with the standards outlined in the HACC guidelines, including recreational activities (social support), transport assistance, personal care assistance, e.g. shopping, budgeting.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of HACC services to enable more appropriate service delivery and referrals as appropriate.
- Provide support to Aboriginal community members and their carers who are receiving assistance through the HACC program.
- Coordinate catering for planned activities
- Enter data daily and prepare monthly statistical reports for the Wellbeing Team Leader
- Attend specific HACC training and general staff meetings.
- Function as a team member in close liaison with other health staff.
- Develop and maintain links with other Aboriginal and mainstream services.
- Act at all times in a professional manner and ensure the confidentiality of client information.
- Other duties as directed within the scope of the employee’s skill level and training.
Key Selection Criteria
- A proven knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal people and Aboriginal culture is essential.
- An ability to communicate effectively with disabled Aboriginal people and whose capacity for independence is at risk and engage in activities of daily living and recreation
- A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal health issues.
- A good understanding of issues effecting Aboriginal people in the community and knowledge of the services available to the community within the region.
- Sound negotiation skills and well-developed communication skills.
- The ability to maintain records and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Food Safety Certificate or ability to obtain
- Ability to assist older clients to maintain independence at home
- Basic computer skills.
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care or the ability to obtain
Other Relevant Information
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume. Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 6th Jul 2022