- Professional Integrity – We treat all our people with dignity and respect.
- Quality – We always strive to do our best and improve the way we do things.
- Responsibility – We commit to the actions we take to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Client Focus – We work toward improving the health and wellbeing of our clients and community.
- Ensure HACC PYP and CHSP services are provided to Aboriginal clients in compliance with the guidelines.
- Liase with assessment officers and support clients through the enrolment and assessment processes for HACC, CHSP, NDIS and aged care packages.
- Enter data daily and prepare monthly statistical reports for the Medical Manager.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Aged Care Service providers and other Aboriginal and mainstream services.
- Prepare and monitor invoices for HACC CHSP services provided to Aged Care or NDIS clients.
- Roster HACC PYP and CHSP workers to meet demand.
- Outsourcing services as required.
- Develop and implement a calendar of Planned Activities.
- Other duties as directed within the scope of the employee’s skill level and training with negotiation.
- Attend network meetings and forums relevant departmental change.
- Develop consumer care plans designed to enhance client’s wellbeing and health in line with a wellness and reablement approach and or person-centred care.
- The ability to lead and manage staff and volunteers including induction, supervision and coaching.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal people and Aboriginal Culture and health issues.
- An ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and handle issues in a sensitive manner.
- Sound negotiation skills and well-developed communication skills.
- The ability to maintain records and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to lead and manage staff.
- Experience in providing HACC PYP and CHSP services in compliance with the guidelines.
- Knowledge of the Wellness and Reablement approach.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Experience working in the HACC PYP or CHSP or Aged or Disability services.
Other Relevant Information:
- Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Police check & Working with Children check.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices are required.
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
- Remuneration will be in accordance with industry standards.
- Performance KPIS will be set on commencement with a review conducted annually.
- Salary packaging benefits are available.
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation enforces a smoke free environment.
All applications close: 6th Mar 2020
To be eligible for an interview applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
|Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
|84 Hare Street,
|(PO Box 201)
|Echuca Vic 3564
Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).