|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
- Supports human resources department by screening, testing, and interviewing applicants.
- Provides orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Maintains human resources records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Sets up and schedule meetings for interviewees, hiring managers, and department heads.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must possess:
- Previous working experience as a HR administrative assistant
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and HR software
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Act as a reliable and supportive team member
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven mindset
- Experience with recruitment marketing
Qualifications & Experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Word processing skills
- Spreadsheet preparation and tracking skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Organizational skills
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Other Relevant Information
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Corporate Services Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
- Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
- Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 10th Jan 2023