|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
- Management of front desk and phone. Receive calls and enquiries and make independent decisions on appropriate action ensuring that issues are resolved or passed onto the appropriate person for resolution.
- Use of software systems prepare, organise, record information and prepare paper and digital form documents as directed.
- Work with corporate services staff to gather and collate information used to ensure we reach our targeted areas within compliance and risk management framework.
- Complete project work that derives from within corporate services including HR, finance, compliance areas. Complete administrative work as directed to assist in the day to day running of work of the office.
- Maintain good presentation of office and common areas.
- Overseeing OH&S requirements of the corporate office and respond to maintenance and hazard matters as required.
- Manage the issue and return of IT equipment, mobile phones and assist set up of security fob and keys ensuring the movement of all assets are documented in a digital register.
- Assist new and existing staff to have necessary equipment, access to buildings, access to login to computers, apps on phones, key and fob access.
- Collecting and disseminating the mail and recording in an electronic log
- Assist in arranging requirements for training and meetings, which include Purchase Order Requests for approval, tax invoice entry and catering.
- Ordering supplies for the Office and catering as required.
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must possess:
- A proven knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal people and Aboriginal culture is essential.
- An ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and handle issues in a sensitive manner.
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to operate a reception area and complete other tasks as of the role and complete other work as directed
- Be courteous and have a respectful telephone and receptionist manner.
- Using good communication skills to manage client and community enquiries with confidence.
- Good ability to assess information and determine a course of action and to ensure enquiries are appropriately managed.
- An ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
- Well-developed computer skills including the ability to learn and operate specialist programs.
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Other Relevant Information
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume.
Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Human Resources Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
- Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees.
- Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 10th Nov 2023