- Professional Integrity
We treat all our people with dignity and respect
We always strive to do our best and improve the way we do things.
We commit to the actions we take to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Client Focus
We work toward improving the health and wellbeing of our clients and community.
- Provide relief for staff breaks or staff leave
- Take over activities as directed by room staff
- Provide supervision to children during breaks relief
- Assisting educators in rooms during relief to follow the program set out
- Record and maintain any observations of the children as required
- Assisting with implementation of daily care routines
- Assisting to build responsive relationships with children when providing relief
- Work collaboratively with other staff and management of the Centre to create a culturally safe environment where families and children feel supported and safe
- Work in consultation with other educators to support special events, elder’s visits, excursions, and health service visits
- Participate in evacuation procedures and fire drills, creation of evacuation procedures for individual room and centre as a whole with OHS representative and Management.
- Take action as necessary to ensure the health and safety of children attending the Centre and while on approved activities outside of the service.
- Ensure all relevant regulations and the Centre’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Awareness of Mandatory Reporting obligations and participation in training
- Actively support educators when encouraging parent input into program planning and involvement in program activities as appropriate.
- Contribute to regular information on program, service operation and child development for parents in the form of newsletters, posters and notices.
- Provide feedback to educators to pass on to parents on their child/ren’s progress and alert them to any development issues/challenges that may need to be discussed.
- Assist in supervising unqualified workers caring for the group of children under his/her care.
- Actively participate in the continuing development of Berrimba staff
- Participate and provide feedback and reflection on performance as an ongoing process
- Provide regular reports weekly to the Lead Educator on the implementation and review of the program, children’s learning and developmetn.
- Complete within required timelines all relevant program related reports and data collections required by funding bodies.
- Document and report on any maintenance issues related to equipment and materials used within the program.
Berrimba Planning Processes:
- Participate in the overall development and implementation of the strategic and business plans of the Centre.
- Participate in the Centre’s regular staff meetings and professional development workshops.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to Aboriginal Culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Aboriginal organizations and communities.
- Understanding of program development and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with parents and professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work as a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and remain impartial at all times.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
In addition, it is expected that the incumbent will:
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional development which will add to Berrima’s overall capabilities.
- Undertake travel as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children’s Services Qualifications in accordance with the Children’s Services Regulations 1998 (Regulation 58).
- Experience or enrolled for working in a Child Care Program
- A sound understanding and knowledge of Early Childhood Development.
- An appropriate First Aid Training certificate which complies with the requirements of the Children’s Services regulations 1998.
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current Criminal Records/Police Check
- A current Victorian Driver’s license and a willingness to travel
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Please supply three referees with your application.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required.
- You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
Applicants must satisfactorily address the Key Selection Criteria in their application
Corporate Services Manager
P.O. Box 201
ECHUCA VIC 3564
All applications close 5pm October 22, 2021 — please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 22nd Oct 2021