**This is an “Indigenous Only” role under Special Measures of the EEO Act 2010, Section 12.
|Establishing relationships based on respect and trust
|Taking ownership and initiative of Njernda values to ensure trusted collaborations are formed
|Encouraging cultural and spiritual growth to enable personal growth
|Working to transform the disadvantage and challenge that causes impact on our community
|Welcoming and serving our community with understanding and without judgement
- -This position will, under the direction of the Executive Director lead the strategic and operational management of Family Services programs. It is an expectation that the incumbent will contribute to a constructive workplace culture which engages and develops the talents of staff and provides an excellent service to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait community.
- -The manager is responsible for the delivery of culturally appropriate Aboriginal Family Preservation and Reunification Response, Intensive Family Services, Integrated Family Services, Family Violence, Homelessness and Crisis Accommodation and achieving and recording of targets.
- -Assist the Executive Director to develop, monitor, manage, analyse data, programs and continually improve Family Services programs and services.
- -Maintain organisational culture, image and branding is supported by strong corporate ethics, personally and professionally throughout the organisation. The manager ensure staff operate in accordance with the vision and philosophy of the organisation and assist in the development of policy and programs.
- -Facilitate staff workflows, budgets, and regulating expenses, and is responsible for implementing and monitoring the operations against key performance indicators and enhancing productivity.
- -The manager is responsible for ensuring the operation has the funds, equipment, and other resources necessary to deliver the operational outcomes.
- -Provide a structure that ensures professional supervision is conducted and support is provided to include ongoing training and development.
- -The position requires hiring, supervising, and reviewing staff, as well as motivating staff.
- -Assist the executive Director in developing policies and programs, and developing briefings, according to best practice for Family Services and its programs.
- -Prepare submissions to federal and state governments and other bodies.
- -Assist in the assessment, review, and evaluation of program models of care including costs, best practice, program focus, and guidelines to ensure they provide an effective service to our clients/community members.
- -Foster a strong team spirit within the organization.
- -Organize community meetings to gain feedback from the community on programs and services.
- -Represent where directed to sit on committees and attend in forums outside the agency (e.g., on panels, on Committees etc).
- -Facilitate the development of the carer program including kinship and foster care.
- -Participate in research and development keeping a pulse on trends and advancement in family and child protection activities. Especially OOHC, kinship, foster care and first supports.
- -Other duties as directed by the Executive Director
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants must possess:
- -Demonstrated capacity and knowledge of managing intensive support program relevant to preventing the removal of children from family.
- -Demonstrated knowledge and understanding Aboriginal culture and issues relating to the needs of Aboriginal families in the area.
- -Experience in managing staff, developing strong team spirit, and managing conflict within the team.
- -Demonstrated experience in program development and managing team implementation
- -An ability to communicate effectively with Aboriginal people and handle issues in a sensitive manner.
- -An ability to conduct professional supervision, assess staff learning needs, review performance, and address staff Human Resource issues including performance issues.
- -Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication skills and information systems
- -Demonstrated ability to manage multiskilled, diverse teams to drive cooperation to deliver effective outcomes to community.
- -Demonstrated ability develop and work collaboratively partnerships with external parties
- -Understanding financial controls and procurement procedures required by programs and overseeing staff procurements
Qualifications And Experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification.
Commitment to Safety
All children have the right to be children and live free of abuse and neglect, so they can grow, learn, and develop. Everyone within Njernda is responsible for ensuring a culture of child safety; preventing child abuse and abiding by the Child Safety Principles
Other Relevant Information
- -The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications
- -Commitment to equal opportunity and occupational health and safety principles and practices is required
- -You will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury you know about which could be affected by the described work duties. Under section 82 (7) of the Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose such a pre-existing illness or injury will mean that, if employed, you will not be paid compensation for that condition.
To be Eligible for an Interview
The Applicant MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and include a recent resume. Address your application marked: “Private & Confidential”
To: Corporate Services Manager
Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
P.O. Box 21 Echuca Vic 3564
All applications close: 5pm Friday November 4, 2022
Written applications should include a covering letter. Please include the names and telephone contacts of at least two referees. Please check the closing date to ensure your application is received within the specified time. Applications may be posted, emailed, hand delivered or faxed (provided that a hard copy is posted on the same day).
All applications close: 4th Nov 2022