- Base/Location:Njernda Family Services, Echuca
- Reports To:Program Manager ACAC
- Hours:Full-time (37.5 hours week)
- Award:SCHARDS Level 4
- Position Scope:
Njernda is the Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) in the Loddon area with the cultural responsibility and authority for Yorta Yorta children and young people.
The Aboriginal Children in Aboriginal Care (ACAC) program operates under section 18 of the Children Youth and Families Act 2005 giving the Aboriginal Organisation control of Child Protection Orders for specific children.
Practice is guided by the Child Youth and Families Act of 2005 and in part Best Interest Case Principles and Aboriginal Placement principles.
The Case Managers will be part of a team involved in the challenging role of:
• Being a part of groundbreaking work in supporting Aboriginal children and their families.
• Creatively work to find solutions for children and their families
• Access to quality training in line with Victoria’s Child Protection workforce
• Unique experience of statutory work within an Aboriginal context
• Work in a supportive and friendly team environment