- Base/Location:Njernda Family Services 34 Annesley Street, ECHUCA
- Reports To:Family Services Manager
- Hours:Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Award:SCHADS Award
- Position Scope:
The Orange Door will support the agency of women, children, and families, to ensure that the services they receive
meet their needs and their goals.
The Orange Door Team will bring together different workforces and practices to create an integrated The Orange Door
team and a consolidated intake point in each The Orange Door area to create a new way of support for:
• women, children, young people and families experiencing family violence
• perpetrators of family violence
• families in need of support with the care, development and well-being of children.
This will be achieved by drawing on the expertise of CSOs and bringing together workers from organisations
• receive police referrals for women who are victims of family violence
• receive police referrals for perpetrators of family violence (known as ‘Enhanced Intake Services’)
• receive child wellbeing referrals
• provide the Child FIRST service
• deliver other relevant services as appropriate, such as those delivered by Aboriginal services.
The Orange Door Team will include a mix of staff employed by FSV and staff employed by CSOs, Aboriginal services
and DHHS. The Aboriginal Hub Practitioner will be part of two teams – The Orange Door Team and the Njernda Family Services Unit.